- Nomex flame retardant fabric with an Arc Thermal Performance Value (ATPV) of 42 cal/cm2
- 40cal/cm2 Green 'light enhancing tint' visor by Paulson
- Worn in conjunction with a hard hat (included)
- Also available in the Arc Flash Suit and the CAT4KIT
- Manufactured to meet the requirements NFPA70E CAT4 (40 cal/cm2)
Arc Flash Hood/Faceshield
An arc fault happens when electric current flows through air gaps between conductors. Arc flashes often occur when racking in a breaker, performing switching, Insulation failure, accidents caused by touching a test probe to the wrong surface or slipped (non-insulated) tools.
In its most basic form, an arc is made up of four elements:
- Thermal energy (heat)
- Acoustical energy (sound)
- Pressure wave and debris
Each of these elements can cause serious injury or death to a person.
The Arc Flash Hood/Faceshield is available as part of the Arc Flash Suit or individually. Arc Flash Suits are designed by experts to be effective, yet easy to put on over everyday workwear.
- 205g/m2 NOMEX 5 layer construction
- Green 'light enhancing tint' visor by Paulson
- Worn in conjunction with a helmet (included)
- Tested to Level 4 NFPA (44.8cal/cm2)
|Apparel Type:||Arc Flash Hood/Faceshield|
Your ordered quantity for this item is more than what we have in stock.
Please contact us to know more about this item's availability or possible restock dates.