- Adhesive lined heatshrink tube containing a sleeve of low melt point fluxed solder
- Complete sealed soldered joint - created in one go
- Good strain relief and high vibration resistance
- Ideal for connections in hostile or moist environments
Solder Splice Blue 1.0-2.0MM–
Solder Splices are an adhesive lined heatshrink tube containing a sleeve of low melt point fluxed solder. The conductors are inserted into the sleeve, and the strands intermingled.
The sleeves are shrunk onto the conductor using a heat gun, melting the solder at the same time, which connects the wires.
Solder Splice Features
• Completely sealed soldered joint is created in one go
• Heatshrink has an internal glue liner, which melts and seals the joint
• Joint with good strain relief, and high vibration resistance is created
• Fast and efficient way of joining two conductors
• Ideal for connections in hostile or moist environments
Melting temperature 126 to 145Â°C
Temperature rating -55 to +95Â°C
Dielectric strength 15 kV/mm–
Insulation resistance 1014 Meg Ohms
Mil Spec of Tubing MIL-I-23053/4, Class 1 AMS-3634
Mil Spec of Solder QQ5571E, MIL-S-14256
To install Solder Sleeves, strip the conductors (9mm). Slide a sleeve over one of the wires,push the conductors together and inter-mingle the wires. Slide the Solder Sleeve to the centre of the joint. Apply heat from the centre to the end of the sleeve, and focus heat on the solder until it flows. Shrink the ends of the heatshrink, ensuring the glue liner is melted and flows.
Avoid overheating, and set temperature to approximately 250Â°C. Do NOT use an open flame.
Your ordered quantity for this item is more than what we have in stock.
Please contact us to know more about this item's availability or possible restock dates.